What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Monday, February 13, 2012

Rogue Mage RPG Kickstarter

I thought I would give a 'heads up' for those who follow my blog but haven't heard about the Rogue Mage Kickstarter. I have always been one who supported efforts for game designers to achieve their realized goal in putting out good, quality material. Small and independent publishing efforts for our hobby is really where it's at and I think it's what helps keep the hobby alive given the difficulties in this hobby industry.

In this case, Rogue Mage is a role-playing game based on a series of novels written by Faith Hunter but part of the game itself is writen by Christina Stiles who has been involved in some other projects in our beloved hobby. I've seen her work and her attention to detail and it's something that has been in development for the past few years -- including extensive playtesting folks. It's d20 based employing a point-buy system but sounds a bit streamlined compared to what we know from some d20 type games.

Anyway, I encourage you to find out a bit more about Rogue Mage on Faith Hunter's site HERE.

If this is something that sounds interesting, be sure to check out the Kickstarter efforts and support them if this is something you would like to see or, if you are like me, just like supporting more independent and small press RPGs. That link is HERE.

Thanks for reading!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment