What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Friday, March 16, 2012

Suddenly Quiet?

I've been considerably busy the past couple of days. As most of you know (or assume), I have a regular 9-5 type job but thus far in 2012, I've managed to keep up on the blog and I'm having a blast doing so. I've got projects lining up nicely as I 'plan' what will be my workload for Arcana Creations for the next couple of months. This week, a few things related to C&C and current projects have taken a bit more than the usual attention. In short:

- It looks like the Domesday is going to be revived.
- Arcana Creations will be holding an adventure writing contest.
- Arcana Creations has an artist lined for the next C&C release.

I've also had a very fruitful discussion with Brave Halfling Publishing with what they are doing and producing in the months ahead. Admittedly, if I hadn't been to the Van Halen concert last night, I may have gotten even MORE done this week. ;)

I will revisit all these things in the days ahead on the blog here and provide a few more details where I can but needless to say that I'm very exited. In the meantime, I've been keeping up with a few new blogs and one that I've really enjoyed that I've just started reading is 'The Howling Tower'. In particular, a couple of posts he made this week (HERE and HERE). These posts are very interesting from the standpoint of the 'evolution' of the D&D game and the cyclical problems with the pen and paper RPG publishing industry. These are problems for large scale publishing efforts so all of us trying to chisel a niche in our spare time have nothing to worry about. It's interesting none-the-less, especially when one happens to be reading "Designers & Dragons" (Great book BTW).

I've also noticed that the One-Page Dungeon Contest is running again this year (HERE). Now I saw this after I started talking about the contest idea I had but, I don't think there will be any impact. One thing is that the deadline for this is the end of April and mind will be considerably longer (closer to Free RPG Day I think). That said, I may throw something together just for fun.

More later...

M

No comments:

Post a Comment