What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Domesday & Halloween

I've been under the weather for the past few days but I suppose I should be happy that I was able to enjoy my Thanksgiving weekend (Columbus Day weekend for those in the US).  Aside from spending time with family and friends this past weekend, and nursing a hell of a cold, I got a bit more painting on my miniatures done earlier in the week and I begin preparations and work for two things for the end of the month.

Halloween approaches ... alternatively called All Hallow's Eve and even Samhain by a few others.  It is one of my favorite holidays and, a there is a lot done to cater to this particular day.  Just looking at the theme of movies playing on the tube and you'll find a few horror-related flicks.  Some bookstores will chose to highlight some interesting novels and books written to frighten, amaze, and fascinate.  Of course there are also plenty of treats to be had this time of year as well.  It's a holiday where anything may not be exactly as it seems and there is plenty of material an enterprising GM can use for inspiration if feeling somewhat lost.

I have two major things planned for this month as far as gaming and Arcana Creations is concerned.

1) Towards the end of the month, I will commence my newest campaign and play Rappan Athuk.  I have a few twists I will be throwing into the game to perhaps give a more detailed introduction to the campaign which I will detail another time.  The prospective players are looking forward to this and I had at least one player ask if we will be using the Ballista material I had been writing in lieu of an established (published ruleset).  I honestly told him that I hadn't thought much about that but I wouldn't rule it out.  It's certainly something for me to consider.  Regardless of that, the game is on and I just need to finalize the date of the first session which I imagine will be either the weekend the prior to or immediately after October 31st.

2) All material is pretty much in hand for the next issue of the Domesday.  This coming weekend will see most of the work being done for it and work will wrap up on it within the two weeks that follow.  It will be released in the final days of the month.

Aside from that the edited MS for the Mystery at Morfurt adventure for C&C should also be turned in this weekend which means it, like the Hide in Plain Sight adventure will be in layout.  Pre-Orders for both of these C&C adventures should happen in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading!

M

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Josh ... I'm not at my computer right now so I can't see what I received exactly. However I seem to recall having received at least one email with some material. I will double check later this evening and send you an email confirming what I received. Thanks!

      Delete