What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Next Painting Project

With Mister Bones finished (I will post some a couple of pics this weekend along with a painting guide), I've set my sights on my next project.  A dragon.  In this case, it's the Pathfinder Red Dragon from the Reaper line -- originally cast in metal and now part of the Bones lineup.  Well, for those who backed the Bones Kickstarter.  Rest assured that all the models will be available retail a few weeks after all rewards have been shipped.

This particular model cost me only $10 ... the retail price in their preview section is listed for something like $15.  The metal version is closer to the $40 mark.

While I quickly found out that this plastic is far from ideal in terms of painting, once you get the hang of it or simply pick up and apply a few tricks, it is a smooth process.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment